Call for Applications : 2016 Australian Awards.
The Australian Awards programme supports long-term studies leading to a master’s degree in Australia by Ghanaian early- or mid-career professionals working in the public or private sector, or in a non-governmental organisation. The aim of this programme is to develop capacity and leadership skills for recipients to contribute to development in their home countries.
The scholarships target equal participation by all and it offers mechanisms to support women applicants and people with a disability to compete for and obtain a scholarship.
Innovations that fall within the underlisted priority fields will be recognized:
• Agriculture/Food security
• Environmental Management
• Natural Resource Management
• Public Policy
COVERAGE OF FELLOWSHIP
The scholarship covers the following:
• Full tuition fees.
• Fieldwork (for research students only)
• Availability of Supplementary Academic
• Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award
• Introductory Academic Program (IAP)
• Pre-course English (PCE) fees.
• Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) of A$30,000 per year.
• Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 for accommodation, text books, and study materials.
• Return air travel—payment.
To qualify for this scholarship the applicant must:
• Be at least 25 and not more than 45 years of age at the time of application.
• Have at least three (3) years’ post-graduation work experience in a role relevant to the proposed field of study. Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
• Comply with the Government of Ghana regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships if you are a public sector applicant.
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) of at least 4 years in length with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
• Not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree
• Be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award
• Meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must request and complete applications form by clicking on the Request Application button on the top right hand corner of the website:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The closing date for the Masters Award 2016 is December 12, 2014
For more details about the innovation, visit http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/african-countries/ghana/awards/masters-awards/