Call for Nominations: 2016 Fox International Fellowship Programme
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
2016 FOX INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
The Fox International Fellowship Program is a direct two-way student exchange partnership between Yale University and thirteen of the world's leading universities including the University of Ghana. The program which primarily focuses on the Humanities and Public Health is tenable at the Yale University and will allow the ideal candidate(s) to spend one academic year at Yale University as part of their doctoral programme. The Fellowship has been established to identify and nurture graduate students who are interested in harnessing scholarly knowledge to respond to the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Nominees must be enrolled on a PhD programme at UG in any of the focal disciplines listed above;
- Nominees should have completed the first year of their PhD programme at the time of applying;
- Nominees should have a clearly defined research area at the time of the application; and
- Nominees must not be more than 35 years at the time of application.
Eligible UG Units:
Each Dean/ Director from any of the following units can make one nomination to ORID for consideration for institutional nomination:
Public Health, Law, African Studies, Centre for Social Policy Studies, Centre for Migration Studies; Institute for Environment & Sanitation Studies; Regional Institute for Population Studies; Legon Centre for International Affairs and Diplomacy; Business School and Social Sciences.
How to Apply:
A completed application package must consist of:
- Completed application form (Available here)
- Proposal of 3-5 pages in length describing the topic and method of research; facilities needed to undertake the proposed research (e.g. specific libraries, archives, institutes and/ or scholars) and how the research fits your academic programme and/ or career plans, and the goal of the Fox International Fellowship Programme. The proposal should also address your career aspirations.
- 1-2 page narrative addressing your leadership potential (include information on any leadership roles you have undertaken) and commitment to being a “citizen ambassador”
- Letters of recommendation from 2 faculty members of the University of Ghana who can comment on your research and studies as well as your commitment to leadership and service in the context of the Fox Fellowship’s overall goals.
- Most recent Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcript of Academic Record on your PhD Programme
- Proof of current registration on PhD Programme
Nominations can be submitted by the Dean/ Director only and must reach ORID latest by 5:00pm (GMT) on Friday 12th February 2016.