CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:Ghanaian-German Doctoral Training Programme 2015/2016
The “Ghanaian-German Doctoral Training Programme (intake for the 2015/2016 academic year)” tenable in Germany programme is being offered by the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and the Scholarships Secretariat and it is targeting teaching staff of Ghana’s public universities with science background.
The award provides:
1) A monthly co-financed allowance of EUR 1,000;
2) A health, liability and casualty insurance;
3) An appropriate flat-rate travel allowance which will be reimbursed after the applicant’s arrival in Germany; and,
4) Funding for a maximum of three (3) months during the field research phases in the applicant’s home country.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
1) Be a Ghanaian citizen resident in Ghana;
2) Be a teaching staff of a Public Tertiary University;
3) Have a 1st Degree with a 2nd Class Upper Division or better;
4) Hold a Master’s degree equivalent to B+ grade or above;
5) Have a National Service Certificate;
6) Not be more than 6years since the last degree was obtained;
7) Not be more than 45 years at the time of application; and
8) Be willing to learn the German Language
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should complete the attached application forms and return with all relevant supporting documents to:
MR. FUSEINI LANSAH
REGISTRAR OF SCHOLARSHIPS
GHANA SCHOLARSHIPS SECRETARIAT
P.O. BOX M75
A complete application document must consist of a:
• Curriculum vitae
• Research proposal which has been coordinated with a would-be German supervisor at the chosen host institute in Germany.
• Research time table
• Written confirmation of academic supervision in Germany with explicit reference to the applicant's planned undertaking, and that the host institute will provide a workplace. This confirmation must be provided by the academic supervisor or "Doktorvater" if the doctoral degree is intended to be completed at the German host university.
Application materials may also be downloaded via the following link:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Applications with all supporting documents must reach the above address at the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat latest by Monday August 31, 2015.
For further information on this opportunity, please visit the scholarship secretariat website at http://www.scholarships.gov.gh/?p=463#more-463 or contact the scholarships secretariat by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org