BSU Initiative Continuation
The Growth and Employment Platform activities are concentrated on supporting and facilitating Institutional Capacity Building at our partner universities. The aim is to improve their capacity to effectively deliver relevant research and education of high quality. This is done by supporting activities within different work packages (WP):
- WP1: Strengthening of PhD education
- WP2: Increasing the number of academic staff with PhD qualifications
- WP3: Strengthening of platform based research activities and research collaboration
- WP4: Disseminating research knowledge to stakeholders
WP1: STRENGTHENING OF PHD EDUCATION
The project will develop PhD courses under each platform, namely:
- Climate Change Adaptation (BSUEC)
- Advanced Analytical Techniques for Environmental Assessment (BSUEC)
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (BSUGE)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Theory (BSUGE)
- Philosophy of Science (BSUGE)
- Proposal Writing/Fundraising and Scientific Communication (BSUGE)
- Qualitative Research Methods (BSUGE)
- The PhD Process(BSUGE)
WP2: INCREASING THE NUMBER OF ACADEMIC STAFF WITH PHD QUALIFICATIONS
The project will provide a number of scholarships for full-time PhD studies tenable at the University of Ghana, with co-supervision from a Danish academic.
Mode of Application
Applications must be made in answer to an open call for proposals, and usually consist of an application form and supporting documentation, which will be stipulated in the application form or announcement.
Review and Award System
Applications/proposals are reviewed by the local Platform Working Group at the University of Ghana as well as the PWG in Denmark. Successful candidates are called for an interview with a panel usually consisting of both Ghanaian and Danish interviewers.
Successful candidates are awarded the scholarship
WP3: STRENGHTENING OF PLATFORM BASED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES AND RESEARCH COLLABORATION
A core capacity of a university is its ability to perform high quality research of relevance to the discovery of new knowledge, of relevance to the society's needs and continued development and in order to conduct high level research based educations. BSU has setup a research collaboration support mechanism where researchers from South and North jointly, and on competitive basis, can apply for support to two types of research collaboration activities.
- Joint development of research proposals
- Joint small scale and explorative research activities